Samick TV 20 and BA 30 Amplifiers


Samick BA30 Amplifer
Samick BA50 bass amp. Works great 50 watt RMS, 15" speaker low and high
gain input brightness and presence controls. FX loop direct out 4 band EQ
...
<http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/msg/2795045524.html>


Confused NGD content. Samick TV 20 - Ever heard of a flat neck thickness? I have been scoping out Samick TV twentys for a while. Probably since I was a teenager back in the 90s and it has been on the back burner gas list for sometime. I finally snagged a used one online a week and a half ago and was pretty stoked. I had read that they had "fat" "baseball" necks and that made me even more excited because that is what I am in to these day. So I received the guitar today, tuned her up quick and started playing. It stared to feel weird as hell, I felt the bone/pad in my palm just below my index was getting sore quick. Upon further investigation, the neck looked like it had no thickness delta from the 1st to 12th fret. Pulled out the calipers and took some quick measurments and I am getting roughly the same thickness. ~.860 at the nut and ~.865-.870 at the 12th fret. I am wondering if the previous owner sanded it down or it was like that from the factory; as far as I can see that it was sanded on the back of the neck but It almost looks/feels like there is a thin layer of poly still there. It is almost like it was just lightly sanded to remove the poly feel. Maybe I am so used to the squier 51 or the tele-parts-caster I have been playing lately. I know overall its not like ibanez jem thin wich are like .825" at the 12ft, but even those have a change in the profile across the neck. I just have never hear of a straight neck thickness profile. Any comments? Any TV 20 or Radio 10 owners out there that might be able to take some quick comparison measurements? Thanks. i had one way back when in college. it had a giant neck, but a normal taper. the back of the neck was satin, but the fretboard was gloss. it was weird. Rickenbackers have very little taper to them. I have had several of those, most of the necks are thick but some of them are actually thin. I think they were thin at the end of their run because by then Blues himself had distanced himself from the line, so they went to what was popular at that time- a thinner neck. Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)
ShowHideComments